OSS/BSS solutions generate substantial volumes of operational data. This data is consumed by the various line organizations in the forms of static operational reports. It’s commonplace to find teams of report writers generating reports on demand as requested by various executives and managers. These manual approaches and static operational reports while useful do not provide the dynamic or timely insight to make key decisions. In addition, these islands of data prevent the organization from seeing the complete picture the company and its customers. Today’s globally competitive landscape, new types of competitors and changing customer behaviors demand more responsive insight and actions from managers.
Headlines is Razorsight’s communications industry specific business intelligence application. Headlines is specifically designed to work with telecom data sets and offers rich pre-built analytics covering network costs, revenues, inventory, usage and customer, product and market profitability. Headlines leverages innovative technology to deliver service providers the tools to analyze and visualize data in ways not previously possible.
Headlines organizes complex operations and customer data into a multi-dimensional model to facilitate sophisticated analysis. This allows the business user to directly consume data in an easy fashion without having to involve IT resources, systems, processes, etc.
Executive Dashboards - Intuitive dashboards that contain advanced charts and graphics for easy and intuitive visualization of data. Dashboards can be configured to display the metrics that are most important to your business.
Trending Analysis - Headlines offers sophisticated time line analysis to view data trends and patterns over dynamic slices of time. The time grains include month, quarter, year. Any metrics can be viewed on a time grain to see the changes over a period.
Adhoc Analysis - Static reports provide a snapshot of the data. However, trends and anomalies are usually discovered when the metrics in question are analyzed using a variety of filters, drill downs and drill through mechanisms offered by Headlines using an easy to use web interface.
Segmentation Analysis - Headlines utilizes a rich dimensional model to allow users to slice and dice the data over a variety of grains. This segmentation analysis offers a powerful way to visualize data and identify hidden opportunities.
Comparatives - Any metric can be compared against the prior time period or comparative to present a leading or trailing indicator.
KPIs and Scorecards - Using advanced analytics, service providers can define organizational goals and monitor them via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Scorecards. Headlines enables service providers to visualize and aggregate metrics into an overall score and review them via Dashboards, for easy monitoring, and utilization of the data. KPIs empower managers and line organization users to track organizational and personal performance against objectives.
Notifications - Email alerts and notifications can be sent to the user to prompt to use the portal to view the latest result or data.
- Pre-Built Metrics - Headlines contains pre-built metrics that can be customized for specific end user needs.
- Extends data analysis and visualization across the entire organization
- Aligns with key corporate and departmental goals with performance measurement over time
- Proactively monitors and identifies anomalies
- Answers key business questions via quick and efficient adhoc analysis
- Allows viewing of detailed information in tabular grid reports or visualized in graphs and grid-and-graph reports in a single click
- All functionality delivered via a web portal that is accessible with a browser
- Improved system performance and faster queries by minimizing client-side processing and data traffic via multi-layer caching
- Cloud platform eliminates investments in costly hardware and software and eliminates need for complex IT integration